Is it time to stop making excuses and finally do the thing that you’ve always said you wanted to do? Yes, yes it is! That’s my top takeaway from Jay Donaldson in episode 101. He started standup comedy when he was 50 and he was so glad to push past his excuses.
My favorite takeaways from this episode were:
- One thing that pushed Jay past his excuses not to try stand up was once he actually did it, if he didn’t want to continue it would be his decision and not an excuse. He would be taking control of that decision rather than living with regret.
- Take the class! It will move you further faster and will give you information that took other people years to learn.
- We have so much time left! As Jay said, even starting at 50 he could still have another 30 years in comedy.
Listen in to hear all of my top takeaways and some of my tips for getting started in standup comedy.
One-on-One Consulting for Facebook Ads or Digital Strategy. Do you want laser-focused advice on how to grow your business online? Or maybe you need help with your ad campaigns so that you can get better results. You can save HOURS of your time researching and guessing the right strategies and get FAST strategies that will directly impact your bottom line. Get more information on my one-on-one consulting sessions here: https://www.andreavahl.com/social-media-coaching
Catch the other episodes in this series
- 101: Getting Started as a Comedian with Jay Donaldson
- 103: 5 Tips for Your First Comedy Open Mic – Quick Fix Friday