How to find fulfillment in midlife is a topic that Bernie Borges is learning more about and was the focus of our interview in episode 19. He spoke about the happiness U-Curve and I dove into it a little bit more after our interview. There is the suggestion that there is a U-curve of happiness where we are the unhappiest and unfulfilled in our forties. And I know I definitely found that myself. But I think what’s important is to recognize if this is true for you and to decide what you’re going to do about it.
In this episode, I break down my top takeaways about what we can do to find fulfillment for ourselves during our midlife season.
- Learning something new. I did this by reading a lot of books. One of my favorite recommendations is Hidden Blessings.
- Realize that what we are going through is just a season. Some are better and some aren’t as great but we need to ride it out and learn from them.
- Create something that is meaningful to you. Maybe it’s art, maybe it’s something in their business, or maybe it is fining a bigger purpose.
- Commit to a goal that moves you outside of your comfort zone. Having that purpose and that goal that you’re working towards can really make your life more fulfilling.
Let’s jump in!
Resources for this Episode
Catch the other episodes in this series
- 19: Redefinind Midlife an Interview with Bernie Borgess
- 21: Top Tools to Start a Podcast – Quick Fix Friday
Read the Transcript HERE