“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C. S. Lewis
In Episode 07, Lin Bruce talked about how she felt lost when she was in her mid-fifties and not knowing what to do and didn’t even know how to get out of it. She ended up finding this women’s biking group and took her first 3000-mile cross-country trip. In today’s episode of Quick Fix Friday, I’m gonna dive deep into the question: How do you dream again? How do we really connect with our dreams? How do we even know what we want out of our life when we’re feeling a little bit lost?
My favorite thing to do is to journal about things and I’ve found a couple of great exercises that have helped me a lot. Here is one exercise:
- Make a list of everything you want to do (both big and small)
- List the things you are good at (both things you enjoy doing and aren’t doing enough of and the things that give you joy)
- List the things that scare you.
- Then circle a few of the things that stand out to you.
- Now follow the prompt “How might I…” and add that thing to let your brain work on how you can bring that into your life.
For example “How might I…become a rock star”. You never know, that prompt might allow you to become a “local” rock star first to help satisfy that desire. Now get into action – pick something small and start there.
Looking for more resources? Check out the book by Barbara Sher titled: It’s Only Too Late If You Don’t Start Now
Catch up on the interview and my top takeaways in these other episodes:
- Episode 07: Interview with Lin Bruce
- Episode 08: How to Become an Athlete – Top Takeaways from Lin Bruce
Read the Transcript for this episode HERE.