Are you thinking about self-publishing a book? It can be a great way to add credibility, create a little extra income, and get that creative spark from inside of you out into the world. But there are a few things I’ve learned from self-publishing my own book that I want to share with you.
Here is what I learned from self-publishing my own book:
- Find a formatting tool that works for you (or hire out!)
- Get and ISBN number. There is an investment here if you want to sell outside of Amazon so know what your distribution plan for your book is before you decide to get one from them.
- People really do judge a book by its cover so if you aren’t great at design, hire someone to help you design the cover of your book.
- Review the book in print and electronically before you start to distribute it.
Listen in to learn more.
Resources To Help You Self-Publish Your Book
- Kindle Direct Publishing Information
- Article: How to Create a Book (KDP)
- Article: How to Format Your Paperback (KDP)
- Article: Amazon Self Publishing: 9 Proven Steps for First-Timers
- Article: Best Book Formatting Software: 2023 [+ Format & Export Tips]
- Article: About the ISBN Standard
Catch up on the interview and my top takeaways in these other episodes:
- 134: From Teacher to Authorpreneur an Interview with Mira Canion
- 135: Serve Your Own Niche – Top Takeaways from Mira Canion
One-on-One Consulting for Facebook Ads or Digital Strategy. Do you want laser-focused advice on how to grow your business online? Or maybe you need help with your ad campaigns so that you can get better results. You can save HOURS of your time researching and guessing the right strategies and get FAST strategies that will directly impact your bottom line. Get more information on my one-on-one consulting sessions here: https://www.andreavahl.com/social-media-coaching