Do you want to make a big change, but aren’t sure why you haven’t been able to break a habit yet? In today’s episode of Quick Fix Friday, I’ll talk about three roadblocks that are keeping you from making big changes in your life.
In episode 152, I talked to my friend, Jolene Park about how she stopped drinking in her forties for good. As I listened to her talk about how she was able to do this I realized that her approach could be used to overcome almost any kind of habit.
- Are there physiological issues that you are battling to make that change? For example, if your habit gives you a dopamine hit it will make it harder to let go of because it does physically make you feel better.
- Does your social life revolve around this habit you want to change? In many cases, our social life can stop us from making the changes we want to see in our lives so we might need to rebuild that part of our lives to support new habits.
- What is your mindset around the habit? Do you really want to make changes in your life or is it easier to say “I deserve XYZ” as a reason to keep a bad habit?
Catch up on the interview and my top takeaways in these other episodes:
- 152: Unveiling Gray Area Drinking: An Interview with Jolene Park
- 153: Breaking Patterns – Top Takeaways from Jolene Park
Join The Late Starters Club Mastermind
We’re looking at business builders, business starters, and business burnout. People who are looking to start something new or grow their existing business. Or maybe you’re just burnt out from something that you’ve been doing and you’re not sure what to pivot into and what to do next. We are passionate about getting people into something new and growing it. And we know the strategies that work and we are great at getting people on the right path and keeping people accountable.
So if you are curious about the mastermind or one of these tracks and just want to learn more about what it might be about, go to latestartersclub.com/mastermind and just fill out the form to show us your interest. We’ll get back in touch and see if it’s the right fit for you. We’re excited to work with these small groups of people and change people’s lives, and we would love the opportunity to work with you.
Watch The Episode Here
Read The Transcript Here