I’m going to dive a little bit deeper into my interview with Anne LaFollette and talk about how to find the right course to take and how to actually implement what you’ve learned. After Anne was let go from her corporate job she had no idea what she was going to do until she was encouraged to take an art course and she learned how to create pattern surface design that opened the door to starting a whole business that she had no experience with.
So how did she do it? She took courses, but one of the things that she really talked about was how to find those courses and then how to actually implement the things she learned. Today I want to share those lessons with you.
How to find the right course:
- Find the people who know what you want to know and learn from them.
- Look at student reviews, have their students been successful when they apply their learnings?
- Find a course that matches your learning style – you might really love the expert but if their teaching style doesn’t blend with your learning style you might not implement what you learn (if you learn anything at all)
- Can you follow up with the course creator or other students by asking questions along the way?
Above all remember that learning is a journey and you should not beat yourself up over the process.
I will provide a little more insight into each of these in this episode, so let’s get started!
One-on-One Consulting for Facebook Ads or Digital Strategy. Do you want laser-focused advice on how to grow your business online? Or maybe you need help with your ad campaigns so that you can get better results. You can save HOURS of your time researching and guessing the right strategies and get FAST strategies that will directly impact your bottom line. Get more information on my one-on-one consulting sessions here: https://www.andreavahl.com/social-media-coaching
Catch the other episodes in this series
- 61: Reinventing Yourself in Midlife an Interview with Anne LaFollette
- 63: 3 Things to Consider When Creating a Membership – Quick Fix Friday
Read the Transcript HERE