Are you considering launching an online course? Today I want to talk about three different course models that you can use when creating an online course and some of the advantages/disadvantages of each.
Online Course Models
- Evergreen Course Model – in this model, your course is available for purchase all the time
- Advantage: Good for courses with content that needs to be consumed immediately – students would not want to wait around for answers
- Disadvantage: There is no sense of urgency to buy now so potential students might hold off on purchasing indefinitely. Course creators should consider ways to build in urgency in this model to tip people into buying sooner.
- Open / Close Model – In this model course owners have defined open and close dates. Often talked about as “Launching”
- Advantage: Adds in a sense of urgency with a ticking time and the fear of missing out.
- Advantage: Everyone who joins at the same time forms a cohort that is moving through the material together
- Advantage: Great for course creators who only want to focus on course sales a few times a year.
- Disadvantage: You may lose potential customers if they find you and your cart isn’t open.
- Live Launch Model – in this model content is being created as the students take the course. The course creator outlines the topics and when they will occur and presents them live to the group.
- Advantage: There can be less resistant to developing content this way (in the other models where content is created in advance a course creator might procrastinate getting it done).
- Advantage: You can test content before its memorialized into a more permanent program.
Listen in to learn more!
Catch up on the interview and my top takeaways in these other episodes:
- 119: Falling into Opportunities with Mary Barbera
- 120: Bringing a Message to Millions – Top Takeaways from Mary Barbera
One-on-One Consulting for Facebook Ads or Digital Strategy. Do you want laser-focused advice on how to grow your business online? Or maybe you need help with your ad campaigns so that you can get better results. You can save HOURS of your time researching and guessing the right strategies and get FAST strategies that will directly impact your bottom line. Get more information on my one-on-one consulting sessions here: https://www.andreavahl.com/social-media-coaching