Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Going to live events was the initial way I grew my business when I first started out. I found some great groups to connect in and network in, and I was able to sell my services of social media marketing to the people in that group. Networking events can be a powerful way to grow your business because as we know being an entrepreneur can be a lonely business. In episode 34, I talked to Barbara Brooks who started Second Act Women, a group of women (over 40) who are lifting each other up and helping each other in a community. But how do you find the right networking event or community for you?
Here are some questions to ask when considering network events or groups:
- Is the group local, online, or a hybrid?
- Is the group paid or free?
- What is the structure and organization of the group (is there any?)?
- Does the group require you to pass leads?
- Is attendance required?
- What are the rules for promoting your business (esp in online groups)?
- How many people are in the group?
Listen in to hear my thoughts on these questions and my advice on the best places to find these groups.
Catch up on the interview and my top takeaways in these other episodes:
- Episode 34: Age Positivity an Interview with Barbara Brooks
- Episode 35: Addressing Ageism in the Workplace – Top Takeaways from Barbara Brooks
Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Read The Transcript Here
Done-for-You Facebook Ad Services: Would you like to get more inbound leads and sales from Facebook, Instagram, and Google? For most people, the answer is yes, But learning these ad platforms is time-consuming and complicated. Let me do the work for you. I’m Andrea Vahl. I’ve been running ad campaigns for clients for 11 years, and I have generated over $4 million in trackable sales for my clients in the last two years. Click on the link, I’d love to have a conversation with you about how I can help you get more inbound leads and sales.