Do you have trouble limiting your screentime? In episode 68, I talked to Dierdre Wolownick who is passionate about telling people to get off their screens and get outside and enjoy their lives, and I think that is great advice, but it can be challenging. Limiting screen time can be especially challenging for entrepreneurs who run their own businesses and may feel like they need to be answering questions or monitoring their emails while they are out of the office. Here are some tips to help you limit the amount of time you spend on your screen.
- Track your screentime with an app. This will give you trends in your activities so you can make a plan to reduce your time.
- Become more aware of the reasons behind your mindless scrolling. Once you become more aware you can start to dig into why you are doing it.
- Remove screens from the bedroom.
- Limit access to applications. This might mean removing apps from your phone, stopping notifications, or putting your phone on silent.
- Put your phone on greyscale to limit the stimulation that comes from the colors of apps.
- Block out time that is phone free. This will allow you time to do deep thinking.
BONUS TIP – Make plans to get outside without your phone and get yourself more tuned in with nature. And you may find that while you are enjoying yourself you are not looking at your phone and scrolling through things that you don’t need to be doing right at that moment.
So let’s dive in a little deeper on how you can accomplish each of these.
Catch up on the interview and my top takeaways in these other episodes:
- 69: Get Outside – Top Takeaways from Dierdre Wolownick
Read The Transcript Here
One-on-One Consulting for Facebook Ads or Digital Strategy. Do you want laser-focused advice on how to grow your business online? Or maybe you need help with your ad campaigns so that you can get better results. You can save HOURS of your time researching and guessing the right strategies and get FAST strategies that will directly impact your bottom line. Get more information on my one-on-one consulting sessions here: https://www.andreavahl.com/social-media-coaching